You can look all through the Maya 2016 Help to find info on features that are new or updated in Extension 2.
A number of highlights of this release are as follows:
- A new supply setup system makes functioning with shot-based supersedes, outlines, and collections swift and tranquil.
- The fresh Shape Editor and Pose Editor, and the many improvements to the Blend Shape deformer, carry expanded capability to shape authoring, for instance allowing you sculpt openly on a skinned disposition.
- The all-new motion graphics tools in Maya 2016 feature a technical, node-based work drift to generate custom animations by means of the MASH toolset.
- Furthermore, this release covers many improvements and updates to equilibrium modeling, UV editing, polygon sculpting, and animation presentation, in addition to numerous new Bifrost and XGen features.
This release presents numerous new features, performance developments, and new performer pleasant tools, all draped-up in a new look and experience for the Maya 2016 Interface.
Maya 2016 now influences more supplies (cores) in your device to fast-track animation performance with the newfangled Evaluation Manager. You can similarly use the Profiler tool to classify and fix performance blockages.
The fresh Sculpting toolset permits modelers to draft forms and shapes, generate postures for blend-shapes, or achieve terrain demonstrating rapidly and effortlessly.
On top, precise VFX results are now possible with the totaling of foam, surface rigidity, viscidness, and adaptive compactness to Bifrost.
XGen improvements, such as multi-threading and new predetermined aptitudes make chores such as hair grooms, undergrowth, and instancing quicker and laid-back to finish.
Constructing and excision resources in the hyper shade is now extra artist responsive and instinctive through an overhauled user edge augmented for look improvement work-flows.
You’ll note a new color arrangement that streamlines the UI, counting revitalized icons, and a new default contextual color in the viewport. The presence of the network and Heads Up Display (HUD) are also in sync for improved visibility.
Numerous other significant variations have been prepared, comprising:
- Efficient menus and menu cliques
- Updated shelves
- Reshaped Hotkey Editor
- High resolution display proficiencies
- Multi-platform font provision
- Menu and menu fixed modifications
The default menus and menu cliques have been modernized, with some menus relocated or rechristened to line up tools and maneuvers to your workflows.
Here is a summary of changes:
The Animation menu set routes have been split into two menu sets to style them further in workflow-based:
As a result, some collective menus are now positioned in different spaces:
- The Skeleton and Skin set menu are today set-up in the Rigging menu set.
- A few of the menus found in the Animation menu group are still there, but are repositioned or retitled.
- The Geometry accumulation menu has been relocated to a new Cache menu, which was the previous Pipeline Cache menu that confined the Alembic and GPU Cache set menu.
- The ATOM menu is now located underneath the File menu.
- The Set Keys and associated keyframe selections are now retrieved in the Animation menu set Key menu.
- The Ghost, Snapshot, Turntable, and Motion Trail menu notes are now managed in the Animation menu set, Visualize menu.
- The Create and Edit Deformers menus in the Animation menu set menu stand and are now assembled underneath the Anim Deform menu.
Other menu changes include:
- The Surfaces and Polygons menu cliques have been commingled into a solitary Modeling menu set.
- XGen and Paint Effects menu opportunities are nowadays in the Generate menu in the Modeling list of options.
- The nDynamics and Dynamics menu sets have been replaced by an FX menu set.
- The Bifrost menu now emerges in the FX menu gel.
- The Particles and Soft/Rigid Bodies set menu is detached from Maya 2016. A lot of of these menu selections are accessible in the Legacy Particles unit of the nParticles menu and Legacy Rigid Bodies division of the Field/Solvers menu.
- The Assets menu option at the present materializes in the Create and Modify menus.
Tip of the day!
To discover the new site of your menu or window, you can choose:Help > Find a Menu Item
Insert a search label and the window shows the path(s) to the point.
You can relapse to the legacy Animate menu set with the Revert Animation to Default route in the Menu Editor.
The default hotkeys for switching menu sets are now as follows:
- Modeling menu set: F2
- Rigging menu set: F3
- Animation menu set: F4
- FX menu set: F5
- Rendering menu set: F6
Small icons at the moment emerge ensuing to menu items in the focal menus.
These icons replicate the keys that show somewhere else in the interface. For instance, the blend shape icon subsequent to the Blend Shape deformer in the Anim Deform menu is the similar icon that exists for blend shapes in the Rigging shelf.
Moreover, small icons also show next to the menu items in the marking menu. For sample, the Extrude icon in the marking menu is the similar icon that appears in the Modeling Toolkit.
If you don’t requisite to see these icons, you can turn-off the Show icons in menus favorite in the Interface Preferences:
Windows > Settings/Preferences > Preferences
Shelves in Maya 2016
These are further engrossed on workflows, formulating it at ease to discover the tools you want when you want them. A number of prevailing shelves have been pooled, retitled, or concealed for a more efficient advent in the interface.
- The Curves shelf is now united with the Surfaces shelf to generate the Curves-Surfaces shelf.
- The Rigging shelf is fresh, and contains animation and deformation tools classically depleted for rigging oddities.
- The Sculpting shelf is fresh.
- The new FX shelf comprises frequently used tools formerly located in the Dynamics, nCloth, nHair and Fluids shelves.
- The FX Caching shelf is fresh, and contains tools from the nCache menu.
- The PaintEffects, Toon, Muscle, Hair, and Fur shelf are secreted by default. To display them, employ the Shelf Editor
Redesigned Hotkey Editor
A restructured Hotkey Editor imprints it faster and laid-back to generate, manage, and allocate hotkeys.
An in-built Hotkey Keyboard interface aids you regulate what keys are at present dispersed inside the currently on the go hotkey set. Pressure a modifier key on your keyboard, such as Shift, Ctrl, Alt, and Command, to emphasize the Hotkey Keyboard line so it displays which keys are assigned or unassigned. You can also drift the mouse over any key on that Hotkey Keyboard Line to get a listing of all the features and keys that consume it for a hotkey.
The new Hotkey Editor has:
- Streamlined design.
- Hotkey Sets and Contexts that simplifies you to associate undivided hotkeys with a workflow and that you can stock and dole out with other consumers.
- Prompt update when a hotkey is produced. There is no need to restart.
- Augmentations to the Hotkey Lister so application command names (as they appear in the interface), runtime commands, and assigned hotkeys are listed together.
- Better-quality hotkey search.
You can import old hotkey preferences into the new editor, if you click Copy Old Preferences the initial time you run the fresh version.
- Allocate a predefined command to a hotkey
- Dispense a MEL script to a hotkey
- High perseverance display competences
The subsequent improvements advance how Maya 2016 works on extraordinary resolution pageants.
Custom display resolution settings
Fresh Interface Scaling inclinations let you clique the user interface steadfastness to scale conferring to your stipulations. These settings deliver improved command of the read-ability of icons and text on a variation of diverse displays and gadgets. You can stipulate if you want Maya 2016 to operate your system setting (default), use a custom setting, or to not scale in the least.
High resolution image support
The modernized interface provisions high resolution imageries for icons, indicators, and other metaphors when in succession on a high resolution display gadget, like Ultra HD or 4K monitors. Three perseverance settings are accessible at:
The default is to use 100%, but if you’re on the trot on a display with an advanced resolution, Maya mechanically uses an upper resolution image, which could be of 150% or 200%. You can also acquire benefit of this element for your individual custom images.
You can download Maya 2016 from here